Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Home Again

Sorry to say, but yes we are home... I got sick on the ship-twice-and ended up having to get off in Bergen, Norway.  I had a scan there and as I had an infection as well as the Gall Bladder full of stones, they couldn't operate. It was a pity as  could have had the op done for nothing (reciprocal] and been able to rejoin the ship in Ireland. I was told to get back home and have the op, so we found a flight out of Bergen to Amsterdam. We did have three days to have a look around. It is a pretty place, the people are very friendly, but it is a very expensive place to live.  On arriving in Amsterdam we proceeded to find a Qantas office as I had booked on the first flight out-6 days later. We had to go to the airport as there is no Qantas office. Same with the travel offices-no such thing. It is all done on the net. Luckily I took my laptop with me.  Anyway it turned out that as I had booked over a weekend, the KLM people said that at 9am all the bookings would be up to date. So we went touring and had a look around the city. We were lucky in one way, as the weather had been rough when we were to have landed in Amsterdam, so we didn't get to go in. This enabled us to have a fairly good look around.  The train service was excellent-we were 3 mins from the Hotel to the City and 15 mins from our Hotel to the airport via the city. Luckily these railway stations have lifts-very important when you are lugging suitcases around.  We finally left for our flight home via Frankfurt, Singapore,Sydney.  Since our arrival it has been a lot of medical stuff. Dr-Blood Tests-Scan-Surgeon-Anathesiest-pre admit!!!!. So Thursday is the day... Our ship is due home in 15 days time!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment